.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

keiko's blog

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Book Review Brothers In Egypt

Have you ever seen the disney movie "The Prince of Egypt"? I love this movie, so I wanted to read this book. I studied world history when I was a high school student, and I was interested in middle east's history.
Long long time ago, in Egypt, there was a pharaoh(meaning king), and he made a law which says the soldiers must kill every Hebrew baby boy. Many Hebrew baby boys were killed because of this law, but one boy could survive. His mother put him in the basket, and she placed the basket in the River Nile. He finally reached at Pharaoh's palace. Pharaoh's wife took the basket and lifted the baby, and the baby became a Pharaoh's child. He was named "Moses"(meaning:I took him out of the water.) Do you know Moses? If you are christian, I think you know him. He is a very famous person.
Moses grew up with his older brother "Rameses". I knew him before I read this book, because he was on my textbook. They were bestfriends. He was living very happily with his family, but one day he found he is the Hebrew, and he is not real child of Pharaoh. He was suffuring, and moved from Pharaoh's palace.
He married with Tzipporah, and lived in a small village. One day while Moses was guarding sheep near the mountain of Horeb, a young sheep ran away. Moses ran after it and found himself in a quiet rocky area, and then he heard God's voice. God said to him,"Take your staff in your hands, with it, you will do my work, with it you will take the Hebrew people to freedom." After that, Moses decided to obey God's voice. Moses and Tzipporah began their journey back to Egypt. They arrived in Egypt, and met a new pharaoh, his older brother Rameses. He told Pharaoh, "God orders you to free the Hebrew people." but Pharaoh didn't accept this idea, so Moses and Hebrew people began to move. They walked and walked, and when they reached at the Red Sea, Moses put his staff in to the sea and the water in front of him began to move away. Hebrew people walked between the walls of water towards the other side. Hebrew people finally reached the other side, but Egyptian soldiers couldn't. So they finally god freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home