.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

keiko's blog

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Vocabulary Test

1. I spent a long time (l) _______, but I couldn't find anything I really liked. [SITUATION: talking about a shopping trip]

2. Their son is (l) _____ the farm while they're away.

3. I lost (c) ____________ [MEANING: didn't think carefully OR didn't pay attention] for a moment, and that's when I crashed the car.

4. I gave up the piano so that I could (c) ___________ on the violin.

5. This problem is of (c) _______ to all of us.

6. The police are very (c) _________ about the amount of crime in the area.

7. Please don't (d) _______ me while I'm working. [MEANING: Jama suru na!]

8. The way he stared at me really (d) _________ me.

9. Some people have to drive long (d) _________ to work. [MEANING: kyori]

10. Be sure to lock the (d) ____ when you leave.

11. The Smiths live next (d) ____ to us.

12. What did you (d) __ at school today? [SITUATION: when you get home after school]

13. I have so much to (d) __. [MEANING: very busy]

14. It's your turn to (d) __ the washing-up. [MEANING: sara wo arau]

15. My father did not have a good (e) _________.

*Answers*
1. looking
2. looking after
3. concentration
4. concentrate
5. concern
6. concerned
7. disturb
8. disturbed
9. distances
10. door
11. door
12. do
13. do
14. do
15. education

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home