Book Review4 Kings and Queens of Britain
I like the world history, so I chose this book. I could know about Kings and Queens History. I've alrealy learned about British history in the high school and the university, so it was easy to understand.
Now, British Queen is Elizabeth Ⅱ, and story started with this question. "Why is the queen important?" Kings and Queen's history started in AD 43. Boudicca is the first famous British queen. I didn't know about her, and this story. Next is about the Alfred the Great. I've already known him. Kings before him, they were usually good soldiers,but they didn't often know how to read. The Alfred Great went to Rome with his mother, and learned to read and write there. In his time, English people made a lot of new schools, they also began to write the first books in English.
The year 1066 is famous for English people. This year Norman Conquest happened in England. William is the Norman king and came to England from France, and became the king of England. He is a French, and he couldn't understand English, so for two hundred years all the important writing in England was in French, not English. Most rich people spoke French, too.
I love the history of the king Henry Ⅷ and Elizabeth Ⅰ. This king is very famous, because he made the Church of England. He made this, because he wanted to divorce his wife. He married six times. Elizabeth I is his daughter, but she had a very difficult time. Her father killed her mother. Then her sister Mary (daughter of his first wife) was Queen and Elizabeth was in prison. Mary is as known as Bloody Mary, because she killed many people. After Mary died, Elizabeth could be the Queen of England and Wales. She had no husband and no children. Today many British think she was the best England's queen.
In the book, there were 4 more stories. These were stories about King Charles and Oliver Cromwell, King James II and Parliament, King Edward Ⅷ and Queen Elizabeth Ⅱ.
I didn't know that Queen Elizabeth is also Queen of Australia, Canada, New Zealand and a lot of smaller countries.
I could learn many things from this book, and this book was very interesting for me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home